Saturday, November 04, 2006

Dom and Tracy's Wedding

It has now officially been months since I have written a blog entry - but I blame lack of broadband connection. Now that we are connected to the superfast superinfo highway, there are no more excuses...

The end of October 2006 saw Cam and I boarding a plane to the far reaches of Western Australia and the lovely city of Perth. My first impressions of Perth were clean, neat, calm and a relaxed community. It was odd driving through the city centre in a cab only to ask 'where is the traffic?' at 5.30pm on a Thursday afternoon but that goes to show the contrast.

Soon after we arrived, we managed to collide with several relatives, all of whom were staying in the same apartment complex for my cousin, Domenic's, wedding. We were the ushered up for some good hearty Italian pasta before turning in for the night at 8pm (I blamed jet lag and the two hour time difference ;-)

The next morning, Cam and I decided to take in the sights of the city before the wedding in the afternoon. We met with Wendy and Trish for a late breakfast and strolled through the open plan shopping mall, not dissimilar to the Gold Coast. The highlight had to be the CAT bus (Central Area Transit). It took you around the heart of the city and it was FREE - you can see why Perth managed to win my heart!




Clockwise from L - Myself, Dom and Wendy post-nuptials; the Church; Tracy being walked down the aisle by her mum


The wedding of Dom and Tracy was lovely and the weather was perfect. The reception was held at the Royal Perth Yacht club and was a great evening of good food, company and entertainment. The highlight of the night was the getaway car, which was actually an ambulance (Tracy is a paramedic). Some snaps of the night below.


A variety of happy snaps at the reception featuring my cousins, Wendy, Cam and I (yes, I know I look the least Italian of them all...)

1 comment:

Claire said...

I love Perth too... I can see why you had such a fab time! You look gorgeous too!!