Monday, February 13, 2006

Huskisson

New Years Day 2006 saw Cam and I driving down the coast in the 43 degree heat to the South Coast destination of Huskisson. Cam was nursing symptoms of sunstroke after the previous days antics (and the absence of sunscreen) and he wrapped himself in trackies, a long sleeve shirt and my sarong to avoid the sun's harsh rays "No...not the sun..!"
We arrived in Husky after one of the most challenging road trips I have ever driven - too hot to wind window down, too hot to have window up! - and promptly collapsed into the hot and stuffy caravan. The fan provided little relief and with Cam still fearing the sun's harsh touch and therefore refusing to go to the beach, I chose the ingenious option of feet in cold bucket of water and cool wash cloth on forehead (oh, and left over chocolate chip cookies for sustenance :)

Mum and Dad came to Husky a few days later and Wendy also arrived shortly thereafter. The time consisted of a golf challenge between Cam and Dad, 6 km daily walks for mum and I and hours of fun on the beach - I even snuck in some assignment work!

Here are some snapshots of our time in Huskisson:

No comments: