Friday, February 17, 2006

Valentines Day

February 14 marked the occasion of St Valentines Day. For many years, this day held fear and nervousness for me - would anyone give me a Valentines this year; would I be convincing in my assertion that it didn't matter when the day passes again, no gift forthcoming?

Come 2002 and a wonderful thing happened - my new and fabulous boyfriend Cameron had flowers delivered to my work place and I finally joined the ranks of the Valentines recipients! Funnily enough, 4 years down the track, the day doesn't bother me anymore and can pass without a worry - except for the fact that my now wonderful husband spoils me still (and I do feel very special as a result!).

I pose with my roses and the fudge; close up of the fudge basket samples.


This year, Cam had a dozen red roses delivered to work - they were so beautiful and smelt lovely! I also arranged for my fudge basket (red balloon voucher from Anna for my birthday last year) to be delivered, so all up, Tuesday night was a nice escape from the realities of the working week.

Cam and I pose for a self shot.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I'm loving watching your blog come along, Al! You both seem to be having a great time lately.